Catechism of the Catholic Church (1994).
Code of Canon Law (1983).
- Encyclical Letter Mater et Magistra (On Social Progress), May 15, 1961.
Encyclical Letter Pacem in Terris (Peace on Earth), April 11, 1963.
John Paul II.
- Address at the Third General Conference of the Latin American Bishops, January 28, 1979.
- Address to the Fiftieth General Assembly of the United Nations Organization, October 5, 1995.
- Address to the Seventh Symposium of European Bishops, 1989.
- Apostolic Exhortation Familiaris Consortio (The Role of the Christian Family in the Modern World), November 22, 1981.
- Apostolic Letter Mulieris Dignitatem (On the Dignity and Vocation of Women), August 15, 1988.
- Apostolic Letter Tertio Millennio Adveniente (On the Coming of the Third Millennium), November 10, 1994.
- Encyclical Letter Centesimus Annus (On the Hundredth Anniversary of Rerum Novarum), May 1, 1991.
- Encyclical Letter Dives in Misericordia (On the Mercy of God), November 13, 1980.
- Encyclical Letter Dominum et Vivificantem (On the Holy Spirit in the Life of the Church), May 18, 1986.
- Encyclical Letter Evangelium Vitae (On Human Life), March 25, 1995.
- Encyclical Letter Fides et Ratio (On Faith and Reason), September 14, 1998.
- Encyclical Letter Laborem Exercens (On Human Work), September 14, 1981.
- Encyclical Letter Redemptor Hominis (On the Redeemer of Man), March 4, 1979.
- Encyclical Letter Redemptoris Mater (Mother of the Redeemer), March 25, 1987.
- Encyclical Letter Redemptoris Missio (On the Permanent Validity of the Church's Missionary Mandate), December 7, 1990.
- Encyclical Letter Sollicitudo Rei Socialis (On Social Concern), December 30, 1987.
- Encyclical Letter Veritatis Splendor (Regarding Certain Fundamental Questions of the Church's Moral Teaching), August 6, 1993.
- Homily for the Beatification of Isidore Bakanja, Elisabetta Canori Mora, and Gianna Beretta Molla (April 24, 1994): L'Osservatore Romano, April 25 26, 1994.
- Homily in Baltimore (October 8, 1995).
- Letter to Families (Gratissimam Sane), February 2, 1994.
- Letter to Women (June 29, 1995).
- Message to the Second Special Session of the United Nations for Disarmament (June 7, 1982).
- Post Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Christifideles Laici (December 30, 1988).
- Post Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Ecclesia in Africa (September 19, 1995).
- Post Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Ecclesia in America (January 22, 1999).
- Post Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Ecclesia in Asia (November 19, 1999).
- Post Synodal Apostolic Exhortation Reconciliatio et Paenitentia (Reconciliation and Penance), February 14, 1984.
- World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 1981).
- World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 1985).
- World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 1986).
- World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 1988).
- World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 1989).
- World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 1991).
- World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 1994).
- World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 1998).
- World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 1999).
World Day of Peace Message (January 1, 2000).
Encyclical Letter Rerum Novarum (On the Condition of Workers), May 15, 1891.
- Encyclical Letter Rerum Novarum (On the Condition of Workers), May 15, 1891.
- Apostolic Exhortation Evangelii Nuntiandi (On Evangelization in the Modern World), December 8, 1975.
- Encyclical Letter Ecclesiam Suam (On the Church), August 6, 1964.
- Encyclical Letter Populorum Progressio (On the Development of Peoples), March 26, 1967.
- Homily for the Closing of the Holy Year (December 25, 1975).
- Letter Octogesima Adveniens (A Call to Action), May 14, 1971.
- Letter to the Fifty First Session of the French Social Weeks. In Le travail et les travailleurs dans la societe contemporaine, Lyons, Chronique Sociale, 1965.
- Message to the World, Entrusted to Journalists (December 4, 1964).
Profession of Faith of the People of God (June 30, 1968).
- Encyclical Letter Divini Redemptoris (On Atheistic Communism), March 19, 1937.
- Encyclical Letter Quadragesimo Anno (On the Reconstruction of the Social Order), May 15, 1931.
- Encyclical Letter Ubi Arcano Dei Consilio (On the Peace of Christ in the Kingdom of Christ), December 23, 1922.
- Pius XII. Allocution (October 8, 1956).
- Christmas Eve Radio Message, 1944.
- Christmas Message, 1942.
Discourse (October 29, 1951).
Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace. The Church and Racism: Towards a More Fraternal Society, 1988.
Roman Missal. Prayer Before Communion.
Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith.
- Declaration Iura et Bona (On Combatting Abortion and Euthanasia), May 5, 1980.
- Instruction on Certain Aspects of the Theology of Liberation (Libertatis Conscientia), August 6, 1984.
Instruction on Respect for Human Life in Its Origin and on the Dignity of Procreation (Donum Vitae), February 22, 1987.
Saint Augustine. De civitate Dei
Saint Clement of Rome. Epistula ad Corinthios.
Saint Gregory the Great. Evangelium Homiliae.
Saint Irenaeus. Adversus Haereses.
Saint Thomas Aquinas. Summa Theologicae.
Vatican Council I. Dogmatic Constitution of the Catholic Faith (Dei Filius).
Vatican Council II.
- Closing Messages of the Council. To Women, (December 8, 1965).
- Declaration on Christian Education (Gravissimum Educationis), October 28, 1965.
- Declaration on Religious Liberty (Dignitatis Humanae), December 7, 1965.
- Decree on the Apostolate of the Laity (Apostolicam Actuositatem), November 18, 1965.
- Dogmatic Constitution on the Church (Lumen Gentium), November 21, 1964.
- Dogmatic Constitution on Divine Revelation (Dei Verbum), November 18, 1965.
- Pastoral Constitution on the Church in the Modern World (Gaudium et Spes), December 7, 1965.
Table of Contents - English
- Article One: The Nature of Catholic Social Teaching
- Article Two: The Human Person
- Article Three: The Family
- Article Four: The Social Order
- Article Five: The Role of State
- Article Six: The Economy
- Article Seven: Work and Wages
- Article Eight: Poverty and Charity
- Article Nine: The Environment
- Article Ten: The International Community
- Article Eleven: Conclusion